A very Happy New Year to everyone!
I truly hope 2013 has treated you well and that 2014 will treat you even better!
This is a little late (considering I posted my first Weekly Wishes post last Tuesday) but yesterday was a busy one. I went to the zoo!
But, better late than never, right?
So how did I do last week?
WEEKLY WISHES #1
.01 Enjoy the time I have off for the holidays.
I did indeed enjoy what time I had off for the holidays. I’ve stayed up late night after night and allowed myself to sleep in until ten and even eleven one morning. It was absolutely wonderful! You know, considering morning after morning I normally get up around 6-6:30 for work and go to bed by 10:30-11 at the latest.
So, not only did I do a bunch of nothing (while feeling maybe a little guilty about said ‘nothing’), I also spent a good amount of time with friends and my Mom. Hanging out, watching some guilty pleasure TV shows (Love It or List It, House Hunters and oh, hi, The O.C. – I’ve forgotten how much I love you) and just enjoyed myself before I head back to work.
.02 Do something creative.
I didn’t paint BUT I did buy some new paintbrushes to do so.
I also did some photography. It’s handy what you can do when your camera isn’t too far away from your hand. Those photos are at the end of this post. One of my goals that I’m going to try and work on this year is to get better at using my camera and shooting in manual mode. I have gotten better in that I haven’t been using ‘auto’ but nonetheless, I know I can get more control if only I applied myself and DID it. Practice makes perfect, yeah?
Instead of some wishes for this next week, this week’s challenge is listing all of our achievements of 2013.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF 2013
1. I lost some weight by just watching what I ate, how much of it and exercise. It’s amazing what that can do sometimes…
2. Participated and finished my first 5K (The Glow Run) with some co-workers. It’s a night time walk/run in the middle of summer in Kansas. How could I resist?
3. Acquired new responsibilities at work, including a bigger focus on Graphic Design which has boosted my confidence. And I told my professors I would never do it as a career. Hah! Work showed me!
4. I continued to work on the person that I am and want to be.
5. I started to wear make-up and learn how to apply it so it looks naturally! Which, if anyone knows me, is a small miracle. The actual wearing make-up part, not the not-naturally part.
6. Made more time to work on my photography skills and my lettering skills.
7. I worked on the friendships that I have and continued to form new friendships with people that I enjoy being around.
8. I took a trip up to Omaha, Nebraska with the best friend for the weekend and didn’t get lost! Also. A, vintage Coach purse. And, Bohemian Cafe. Mm, Czech food? Yes, please.
9. Donated a lot of things I no longer use to the Goodwill and Salvation Army. If I can’t use it any longer, someone else surely can.
10. I cut out soda from my life. Which, has been a tremendous step for me. Not that I drank that much in the first place but now I crave water. Which, I’d say, is a very good thing.
I’m not going to lie, 2013 was a hard one for Mom and I when it came down to it. Making this list though has helped me realize how many good things came out of it and the steps that I’ve taken to be the person that I want to be.
So what about you? Did 2013 treat you well or did you have a hard one? What all are you looking forward to in 2014?
If you haven’t yet, you should join in on the Weekly Wishes linkups! It’s going under a little change with the new year, but still a lot of fun!